The ICO has previously released a GDPR guide for businesses, which applies to data ‘controllers’ and ‘processors’.
On the 25 May 2018, the new European General Data Protection Regulations (GPDR) comes into effect. Breach of GDPR can result in significant penalties – the ICO is able to enforce fines with an upper limit of €20 million (£17.6m) or 4% of annual global turnover, whichever is the higher.
Requirements of GDPR includes:
- Obtaining consent
- Data Protection Officers
- Right to be forgotten
- New definition of personal data
- Data Protection Breach Notification in 72 hours
- Secure transmission and storage of personal data
- Transferring of data to third countries or international organisations
- What to do in the event of a data protection breach
- How to identify areas of GDPR risk in your organisation
Intellistart is helping businesses across all sectors:
- Grow their database with new customers
- Increase opted in members to their database
- Gain a 360 degree view of their customers
- Improve their website conversion rates
- Build their brand awareness
- Gain the edge on their competitors. For your FREE Intellistart Audit, call 0161 877 4888 or email: firstname.lastname@example.orgFor more information about the GDPR, visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website at www.ico.org.ukWANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MARKETING?Speak to our experts today.